Looking for a Technical Masterclass to Inspire Your Athletes?
Since I retired from professional competition in 2018, my masterclass swim ‘clinics’ have been hugely popular with swimming clubs and schools, both in the UK and internationally. They are a great opportunity to transfer technical skills and knowledge to the next generation, and include poolside coaching as well as water-based demonstrations.
The final structure and combination for the day is entirely up to the club/school, and will be catered specifically to ensure the content and exercises are applicable for the ages and abilities present. I will always have a phone chat with the coach/teacher/manager beforehand to discuss the structure of the day and ensure each visit provides maximum value. I will also ask if there are any key messages or specific themes that the club/school would like me to reinforce, both in and out of the pool.
- Technique session focused on skills and drills (all four strokes)
- Streamlining, starts, turns and underwater butterfly leg kick
- I will demonstrate some favourite drills on front crawl and backstroke
- If applicable, I can also work more closely with a single lane or a few swimmers
- Land based warm up,
mobility and stretching
- Pilates/core work
- Workshop about the importance of priming (raising and maintaining body temperature before racing)
- Time-dependant can help the athletes create their own pre-pool or pre-race activation programme
- Goal setting
- Performance psychology (managing nerves & pre-race anxiety)
- Managing disappointment and re-framing failure
- Nutrition – how can we fuel our bodies for performance?
- Motivation, focus and discipline
- Self-belief & confidence
All presentations will include a Q&A and I will bring some medals to be passed around. There will also be an autograph signing session and I’ll have some signed photos for everyone to take home. Parents are welcome to join for the presentation and Q&A.
For more information, and to enquire about bookings, please email email@example.com